Chris Helme who first rose to prominence as the front man of John Squire’s post-Stone Roses band ‘The Seahorses’ – released his new solo album, The Rookery, on August 27 to excellent reviews in the likes of Q, Mojo, Uncut and Classic Rock Magazine. He is now pleased to announce an Autumn / Winter UK tour.
Helme is still rightfully remembered for the anthemic Britpop classics Love Is The Law and Blinded By The Sun; and with The Rookery, he now has a critically-acclaimed solo album under his belt too. Along with some of the tracks he recorded whilst in The Seahorses, he will be playing songs from his new album live on a tour which takes in venues all over the UK, including the following:
- 7th Oct 2012, Rock Your Mind Festival, Middlesborough
- 12th Oct 2012, Kings Hall (with Simon & Oscar of Ocean Colour Scene), Herne Bay
- 3rd Nov 2012, Venue Cymru (with Turin Brakes), Llandudno
- 4th Nov 2012, Hare & Hounds, Birmingham
- 9th Nov 2012, Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh
- 10th Nov 2012, Tollbooth, Stirling
- 23rd Nov 2012, The Square (with Mark Morriss of The Bluetones), Harlow
- 29th Nov 2012, Compass, Chester
- 30th Nov 2012, Helmsley Arts Centre, Helmsley, North Yorkshire
- 1st Dec 2012, The Junction, Oldham
- 6th Dec 2012, Chapel Arts Centre, Bath
- 21st Dec 2012, The Blue Room (with Mark Morriss of the Bluetones), Blackpool
- 22nd Dec 2012, Cumbernauld Town Hall, Cumbernauld
More performances will be added shortly – please see www.chrishelme.co.uk for latest dates and venues.