- Gorod Interview at Hellfest 15/06/2012
- Hellfest 2012 Review
- Cannibal Corpse Interview at Hellfest 15/06/12
- Interview with Luca Turilli at Hellfest 16/06/12
- Megadeth Hellfest press conference 15/06/2012
- Steel Panther press conference – 16/06/12
- Interview with Aborted, Hellfest 16/06/12
- DevilDriver news – 17/06/12
- DevilDriver Interview at Hellfest 17/06/12
- Interview with Hatebreed, Hellfest 17/06/12
- August Burns Red at Hellfest 17/06/12
- Machine Head press conference – 16/06/12
- Slash press conference – 17/06/12
- Children of Bodom press conference – 17/06/12
- Photos from Hellfest 2012
The conference was held by bassist Adam Duce and guitarist Phil Demmel. Once again the sound isn’t great due to bands playing right behind the room it was held in. I’ve written several interesting points that came about in the conference. The audio is included at the bottom so go listen. Enjoy!
I asked the first question regarding the band’s feelings towards headlining Bloodstock Festival, they stated that “It’s our first headlining festival in the UK, we’ve been playing festivals in the UK for the past 19 years and that’s be going great but this so is pretty damn good for us.” For those of our readers who are going to this year’s BOA be sure to check them out!
When asked what they thought about Roadrunner Record companies closing down the band felt that it absolutely sucked, Duce states: “Warner came in and they wanted to buy a metal label and they bought a metal label and then they cut everybody who knew how to work a metal band… it looks like a regular corporate takeover… the fact it happened to us and our metal label it f*cking sucks really bad because now we’re going to be in the hands of somebody who doesn’t really know what to do with our product…” Demmel: “To be continued……”
Between the two last albums, ‘Locust’ and ‘The Blackening’ they were asked which one the preferred to compose. Duce answered ‘The Blackening’ and Demmel answered ‘Locust’ as he had more input in the album. Also, due to the band’s new album being called ‘locust’ one man asked if they had ever eaten any crickets or insects, sadly they gave a disappointing “no” although Duce stated that he’s eaten a lot of creepy stuff… mhmmm, I wonder what?
Finally the last question asked was to Phil in reference to him passing out on stage, he was happy to state that he hadn’t had an episode for a while now and the last time he talked about this particular subject he cried so we’re lucky to have a response!
Machine Head (press) –