MORE INFO ON DIAMOND DOGS
* Diamond Dogs was formed by lead singer Sulo Karlsson & Anders “Boba” Lindström (Hellacopters) in 1992.
* After Sulo recorded 10 demos with world famous producer Max Martin in 1991 they secured a record deal and released their first single “Blue eyes shouldn’t be cryin'” in 93. A song that was viewed on MTVs Headbangers Ball.
* Their debut album “Honked” came out in 1994 and they toured Scandinavia sharing stages with Electric Boys, Clawfinger etc.
* From the beginnings the sound of Diamond Dogs was hugely influenced by British Early 70’s rock like Rod Stewart, Frankie Miller, Faces, Mott the Hoople, Slade etc.
* In 1997 Diamond Dogs took a break and Anders “Boba” Lindström became a full member of The Hellacopters. Two years later a record company asked if the band would like to record a new EP cos they’ve had a lot of requests from UK, Spain, Germany etc.
* Anders returned to DD and they cut a 5 song EP named “Among the non-believers” in 24 hours that got released in early 2000.
That was the restart of a successful journey that took the Diamond Dogs to Cult status.
* The following 10 years Diamond Dogs released 11 albums and a handful of EPs. Diamond Dogs toured with artists such as Ian Hunter, The Cult, Hanoi Rocks, The Damned, Nazareth, Sensational Alex Harvey band etc. They created a reputation as one of the best live acts in Europe and the shows were often stretched out to 2,5 hours.
* Leadsinger and mainly songwriter Sulo also mixed The Diamond Dogs career with a solo career. Releasing 7 solo albums and working with artists like Wilko Johnson, Randy Bachman, Robert Wyatt, Paul Young, Maria Mckee etc.
* In 2015 their longtime member & saxophone player “Magic” Gunnarsson tragically died in a drowning accident.
Diamond Dogs decided to honor him with a last album and a farewell tour. The album “Quitters & Complainers” was followed by a European tour that ended in October together with Iggy Pop in Santander Spain.
* A perfect ending and the band members when separate ways.
Sulo continued his solo career and formed The Crunch with Terry Chimes (Clash), Dave Tregunna (Sham 69) etc and original member and keyboard player Henrik “Honk” Widen went on to play with Swedish female pop star Meja and Conny Bloom (Electric Boys) etc.
* As the years went by a lot of fans from all over the world were writing and asking for rare recordings and new shows so after a while Sulo and Honk decided to see if there still was something left to do.
* During the years the band have had a lot of members coming and going from both Sweden and UK.
Sulo and Honk being the only original members left together with long time serving guitarist Lars Karlsson decided to put a new band together.
* Martin “Slim Martin” Thomander is one of Sweden’s most prolific guitarist and have played with several bands like Electric Boys etc.
* Thomas Broman also played the drums for Electric Boys but also been in bands with Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple) and Michael Schenker (UFO).
* Finally bass player Stefan Bellnäs was found when Sulo recorded with the band The Piggyback Riders together with Chris Spedding.
* After one rehearsal they knew it was the perfect mix.
* Diamond Dogs went into Strawberry Studio in January 2019.
The result will be released as the album “Recall Rock N Roll & The Very Soul” in Sept 2019. Tour dates are set in Sweden, UK & Spain.