We can’t trust Download Dog anymore so the festival is going absolutely cashless this year – the first major UK festival to do so. Which is pretty epic.
Not only will it reduce queues for the bar and food stalls, it removes the faff of cash and makes security on site even tighter.
How? We’re introducing Dog Tags, a payment system that will work across the whole festival.
You will shortly be receiving your Download tickets and all you need to do is visit www.downloadfestival.co.uk/rfid-dogtags, register your profile & link your ticket, and you will be good to start loading money onto the Dog Tag.
It’s as simple as that. So, what do you do when you arrive at Donington? This:
- We’ll exchange your physical ticket for your personal Dog Tag wristband (exactly in the same way as you normally would)
- Your Dog Tag will be pre-loaded with the funds you’ve added in advance
- Throughout the weekend, you’ll pay for food, merch and drinks with Dog Tag and you can check your balance at all times during payment and at balance check points. (Receipts will be issued as normal on request)
- If you run out of credit, there will be loads of points on-site which you can top up using your debit or credit card and with cash (notes only), or via the website or Download app (did we mention free wi-fi this year?)
- And if you’ve got credit leftover, you’ll automatically be refunded to the first card you used to top up online, or to the bank account details you supply if you’ve topped up on site after Download’s finished. Which is rubbish and awesome at the same time.
Read more at http://downloadfestival.co.uk/news/download-going-cashless#UteXHSCH8RpHySRy.99